Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Five and Six

I thought it was day Five but I guess it is day Six. How did I start on Sunday? I shall be a day late and a dollar short. hmmmmmmm...

Body much better. Thanks all for the cheerful comments.

I see that this odyssey is different than PCP. KFB (Kentucky Fried Bacon? No. I think not. Kind Flexible Body? Perhaps. Skill... Kansas Finesse Body? Yes. That shall be my title. Ah that woman with the skillful Kansas Finesse Body - she walks and talks with authority and purpose. Grace. So the odyssey is taking us deeper - past the modern focus on fat and feeling fat and being weak and fragile. This KFB trip is more elegant. Taking time. We know where we are now - so let's survey the landscape and lie in the wet grass of the valley and know these bones we carry and the heart that pumps blood through the veins that wind through us.

(For those of you who don't know me I am hereby warning you that my posts are .... well rather fanciful. You can just skip to the end if you want....)

Saw a documentary about stress today and how it puts plaque in our arteries, kills our brain cells and frazzles our DNA which speeds up aging. Positives - positive social interaction combats stress. We are social creatures and when the group is supportive (as opposed to the typical primate stratified society...or the typical modern stratified society with dominant and subdominant and submissive levels) supportive social interaction combats the effects of stress as much as almost anything. Huh. I felt this with the first PCP group - that there was a kind of mystical power in the connection that we had even though we were not physically present with each other. I saw us scattered around the world and it was so helpful. I hope that we can find that as a group. That is part of the power of this process. To connect with our own bodies we are helped by connecting honestly with others.

Okay.

Exercises went pretty well. Ate NO carbs today. Lovely veggies and chicken. Nice long meditation. Breathing. Love stretching. I am a first class Kung Fuey stretcher already.

Good night all.


1 comment:

  1. Great post--hope your legs are recovering. When I jump inside, I use a mat. It's less stress on the knees, dampening the shock--and the noise.

    Just curious, what documentary did you watch? I think I may have it in my NetFlix cue, it may be worth a viewing. DC's got a pretty hierarchical, performance-oriented culture, perfect for inducing stress. Hence the proliferation of dopamine-stimulating establishments, both unhealthy (bars and ice cream shops) and healthy (yoga studios).

    ReplyDelete